Taking setbacks.

                                                       ~December 3rd 2024 a Tuesday~

                                                               by Laura joy Schmidt


     This article goes with my other article Being satisfied and saving Money.  

  https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/285067353641038901/6897866791786335814

      A setback to me would be like I didn't stick with a budget, or the price of the things I wanted to get was higher than expected, or the tax rolled over to high now I can't buy it.

How do I face these setbacks so that I don't have that ainsxt/anxiety and worry about the world around me?

1. Going over budget. Now I don't have money to use for other things or to have or for later...

     Well first of all don't worry or panic! :) You got this! Just know that a person can go without their needs for a little bit of time, usually. Unless you were bit by a snake and need anti venom immediately. Things like hair products a person doesn't need every single day. Things like the internet, or even food can be stretched out -mind you for a short amount of time...

     Thus you don't need to worry. Ok, get that toilet paper! But otherwise, you don't need to worry.

What to do in this situation: find a friend who can help if you need the toilet paper. But you'll have to go without until the next paycheck, next paycheck, pretend that the amount of money you have is smaller. Round the ceiling down and round the price up.  

      If I have an object that costs $2.50 Just assume the price is $3.50 If you don't want to do precise math all of the time or you are in a hurry.

     If I was paid an amount of $700.00 set the amount you want to save or use for something else. Assume you only in this case instead of having $700.00 when I want to save $300.00 to buy a Nintendo switch assume you were only paid $700.00 - $300.00 - an extra $100.00 to give you same space. So I would have $300.00 left to buy groceries for the month or the next two weeks. 

    Now here's a neat trick. Using math divide the amount being used by the time you need to stretch it out over. 

     I have $300.00 for groceries for 2 weeks. 2/$300 = $150.00 a week for groceries. 

    If it's a month it would be 4/$300.00 = $75.00 a week. 


2.  The price of the item or items ends up being a higher price to pay then what you thought. 

     Be willing to walk away. There is power in the word no. Check if the item is even worth your money anyway? The quality of the item needs to be amazing! The time taken to craft this object, the level of skill the worker put into getting to this point, the actual quality of the craft. Your kids don't control you; you can say no to them. Kindly now... Walk away slowly... Or quickly if the situation calls for it! 

 

3. Tax rolling over so much that you can't buy the item.

     Again walk away. Don't worry. Getting upset doesn't change the government. By Joe go and be a politician. Go and do something about it. You were just called to a higher purpose. Go get em Tiger!

     You can walk away from this deal. You don't have to let other people take control of your money. They are not entitled to it. Walk away... 


   A setback in anything doesn't have to define who you are or what you do, you can ignore the embarrassment. You can start over. You are strong, powerful, and brave. 


    Thank you for your time  ~Laura Joy~ 


    

       

Comments