~The Secret Beautiful you~

                                                                  ~December 20th 2024~

                                                                    By Laura joy Schmidt


     Sometimes we feel like we are not beautiful, or not worth anything. Well, I'm here to tell you that is not true. The Bible says we are made in God's image; in the image of God, we were created.


     Several years ago, when I was 14 years old, I looked in the mirror. That was my first mistake I thought. I looked way to thin, I had glasses that were ugly on me, and I had acne really persistently badly.  I cherished a picture of myself of when I was younger and looked better. I looked at it to remind myself that I have prettiness in me somewhere. Little did I know that I still had growing up to do. i thought my body stopped growing at 14 what did I know? Well as the years went by, I learned to love myself even when I don't look my best. I told myself not to get obsessed with makeup, my Mom and Dad helped me understand that it wasn't the beauty on the outside that mattered, but what were my intentions and my character. 

    ~What is a mirror for?

     A mirror practically shows us what we look like. It's important to have it. Why? Because if we don't see what we look like we continue to do things that could be embarrassing or harmful. That is also why we need friends. 

     ~Friends~

     I grew up without any friends but my family when I was in high school. I didn't have many people there to tell me what I looked like to them. It bugged me because I knew that it wasn't right not to see myself in another's eyes. That's when I got into bad relationships and looked for that mirror but never found it. I have yet to find a true mirror. 

     There are people in my life now, but I'm always looking for something more. Something truer. 

    ~Material things are not the end~

     Material things seem to satisfy but it only lasts for a moment. What matters is that lasting impression you leave on people. The things that matter are not material. Often for me its words people say. The love they show me. And the freedom they give me. 

     I had to look myself in the mirror and say to myself "I am beautiful, because God made me that way."  I cried because I hated myself. I cried so hard for so long. Now I am making music and writing more, I am getting my house clean, I am getting my room clean, I am doing better. I still have reasons to cry but they aren't because of an insecurity of not being beautiful enough anymore. I can create and that is beautiful. The things I create are beautiful to me. I don't think that is a bad thing to think.  

    Being bold is also beautiful. Boldness is rare; It is a risk. Once I started taking risks, I felt more alive. Of course, when one has responsibilities, they should not take to many bad risks. You must judge whether or not the risk is worth taking. But the thing is You are a risk worth taking. Your life is worth taking risks for. That secret beautiful you. 


     ~Laura Joy Schmidt~

   December 23rd, 2024, a Monday.  

Comments