~December 19th 2024 a Thursday~
By Laura Joy Schmidt
*I shall use a different type of font because it is Christmas! And I shall like to spread holiday cheer. *
To write a budget one must first set goals, then one must see how many items or costs go into each goal, then one must find the cost of each item and write the cost next to the name of each item, then one must add up all of the expenses for the total in each category, and then add every category up to find to total cost of everything! What do you say? $1,000.00 on Christmas Gifts? Merry Christmas and have a depressing new year...
After you make the list, it is not being Scrouge or the grinch to make budget cuts. It's being a good parent. Make budget cuts, cut expenses. Be honest with your kids and say there are some hard times our family must face, and we'll face them together. It is not worth going into debt to keep up the lie that Santa exists. It is irresponsible and downright corrupt.
Making a budget...
Christmas for the year 2024
I make $2,500.00 a month these are my monthly expenses...
1. Food $150.00
2. Rent $900.00
3. Water $115.00
4. Electricity $80.00
5. Wi-Fi and internet $80.00
6. Phone $90.00
Total: $1,350.00 gone.
$150.00 + $900.00 = $1,050 + $115.00 = $1,200.00 + $80.00 = $1,280.00 + $90 = $1,370.00
Leaving me How much money left over?
Total: $1,150.00 Left over.
Now total Christmas presents we need to get.
Socks $15.00
Blanket $25.00
Legos $75.00
Random large expense $300.00
Random little expenses $150.00
Total: $565.00
$15.00 + $25.00 = $40.00 + $75.00 = $115.00 + $300.00 = $415.00 + $150.00 = $565.00
How much do I have left over?
$1,150.00 - $565.00 = $585.00
So Total money TO SAVE: $585.00
Now this person is a person who is doing pretty well. Not most people do to well. They do not make that much money a month. And like me I was only making $2,000.00 a month and I blew it on stupid stuff. To many groceries and gas and I didn't even factor in very much tax into these numbers.
Do you see why it is important to budget and not lie to your kids? Anyways Merry Christmas I hope this article has helped you. But if not merry Christmas anyways :)
~Yours Truely: Laura joy Schmidt~
Comments
Post a Comment